The Times (of London) has described the condemnation of a report by the academics Health Advisory & Recovery Team (HART) questioning role of vaccine in second wave of COVID19 deaths in the UK. The controversial Hart report “COVID-19: an overview of the evidence” is said to have the backing of eminent statesmen such as Sir Graham Brady, chairman of the UK Conservative party’s influential 1922 Committee as well as former Supreme Court Judge, Lord Jonathan Sumption.
What is HART, and has the statistical analysis of the COVID pandemic become “too hot to handle” ? How could the second wave “COVID” deaths be somehow related to “safe and effective” COVID19 vaccines in the condemned report, and what do Sir Graham Brady and Lord Jonathan Sumption have to do with all of this?
So what is “HART” ?
Who are these “Academics from large British universities” that are responsible for a “ridiculous” and “bizarre” report that’s been condemned by “Senior Scientists” ?
A quick internet search for HART led to an illuminating article on journalist Toby Young’s “Lockdown Skeptics” website Here’s the Evidence Lockdowns Do More Harm Than Good . The Health Advisory and Recovery Team (HART) is a group of highly qualified UK doctors, scientists, economists, psychologists and other academic experts
The HART group includes some distinguished academics such as Dr John Lee, Dr Clare Craig, Dr Malcolm Kendrick, Joel Smalley, Prof David Livermore, Prof David Seedhouse, Prof David Paton and Dr Gary Sidley.
But if their report warranted the condemnation treatment by “Senior Scientists”, what did this HART group of “Junior Non-Scientists” (by implication) actually say that was so disturbing ?
With over 50 pages of meticulously referenced evidence from specialists in their fields, HART’s report looks like a veritable treasure of relevant and useful information and analysis on various aspects of the pandemic response.
It shows beyond doubt that the frantic responses to the pandemic from governments around the world have often been ineffective, if not downright damaging and counterproductive.
Sir Graham Brady has attracted the wrath of the Times for describing the controversial academic report as a “helpful review of the evidence” and “grim but important reading”, while Lord Jonathan Sumption refers to HART’s report as “scrupulously referenced specialist research”
We believe that honourable MPs like Sir Graham Brady, in making their parliamentary deliberations, are right to consider the full spectrum of scientific opinion and evidence, and not be corralled into limited perspectives by the “Call to Authority” logical fallacy of self-declared “Senior Scientists”
Following is the full list of articles in the HART report “COVID-19: an overview of the evidence“
- COVID policies and harm to children – Professor Ellen Townsend; Dr Karen Neil
- COVID-19 vaccination in children – major ethical concerns – Dr Ros Jones
- Vaccine passports – an ethical minefield – Dr Malcolm Kendrick
- Asymptomatic spread – who can really spread COVID-19? Dr John Lee
- Economic impacts – the true cost of lockdowns – Professor David Paton; Professor Marilyn James
- Mutant strains and the futility of border closures – Dr Gerry Quinn
- ‘Zero Covid’ – an impossible dream- Professor David Livermore
- Masks – do the benefits outweigh the harms? – Dr Gary Sidley
- Psychological impact of the Government’s communication style and restrictive measures – Dr Damian Wilde
- Lockdowns – do they work? – Professor Marilyn James
- Mortality data & COVID-19 – Joel Smalley
- The ONS Infection Survey: a reevaluation of the data – Dr Clare Craig; Dr Paul Cuddon
- Promising treatment options – Dr Ros Jones; Dr Edmund Fordham
- Care homes – we must do better for the most vulnerable in society – Dr Ali Haggett
- Ethical considerations of the COVID-19 response – Professor David Seedhouse
Which of the articles shines a light on the controversial “role of vaccines in second wave deaths” ?
Which of the articles do the self-appointed “Senior Scientists” find so objectionable ?
What do you think ?